To provide administration, maintenance and user access services to Cochlear globally in support of the business applications. Take responsibility for managing application performance, changes and troubleshooting to agreed targets and using standard processes. Responsible for ensuring that application management documentation is kept up to date and comprehensive. Liaison with business users for configuration changes, reporting and workflow design.
Key Areas of Accountabilities:
Accountability 1: Application Administration
- Perform application support activities including system administration, user account
management, service requests, reporting and workflow design and management.
- Perform platform support activities including system maintenance, patching, system
performance, incidents and faults.
- Provide a timely response and resolution to customer and application support events.
- Ensure the effective escalation of support events if required and monitor resolution.
- Provide high standards of application documentation as required.
Accountability 2: Application Access Management
- Control, monitor and analyse application usage to ensure that end user actions are compliant
with Cochlear policies.
- Report suspicious activities to end user and escalate to Information Technology management
- Liaise with key business contacts to validate the rights and permissions of users.
- Conduct regular access audits for application services.
- Develop and maintain access policies.
Accountability 3: Incident Management
- Take ownership for the identification, diagnosis and resolution of incidents.
- Confirm the business impact of each incident and based on assessments of priority, manage
the escalation of the incident.
- Manage incidents to ensure all activities are undertaken to resolve the fault. This may by
either performing the activities or coordinating with other Information Technology teams to
resolve incidents. Verify that incident has been resolved.
- Develop and maintain process documentation and internal procedures for incident
Accountability 4: Problem Management
- Investigate the root cause of problems and investigate actions to correct the situation.
- Ensure all high business impact problems/requests follow standard escalation guidelines.
- Monitor and manage the communication of major problems to employees.
- Ensure ownership of problems by relevant operational staff.
- Be proactive in identifying system issues that may result in future problems and propose
approaches to address them.
Accountability 5: Change Management
- Understand and comply with the defined Cochlear Change Management procedures and
- Assess application technology changes and ensure only approved changes are implemented.
- Follow Quality guidelines to ensure smooth transition through the change.
- Consider the needs and requirements of employees affected by change.
- Use strategies to enable smooth transition through the change
Accountability 6: Business Partnering
- Understand the operating environment of the business and form alliances with key contacts.
- Develop strategies with business partners to align personal and team goals to business
- Working with others to execute strategic plans for supporting and improving the business.
- Take ownership of application knowledge and assist with education and training where
Team Role (Individual contributor):
- Follow relevant quality procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and
identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement. Undertake additional
quality responsibilities (e.g. audit) when appropriately trained to undertake these
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables.
- Work safely, complying with all safety procedures, rules and instructions; and reporting
workplace hazards, incidents or injuries to manager.
Key Incumbent requirements:
- Degree in Information technology or a relevant field
- 3+ years of experience in Information technology
- Interest in developing expertise in systems and application architectures
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills
- Able to work under minimal direction
- Able to handle prioritised activities in the face of multiple conflicting timeframes
- Strong technical skills in application area of responsibility
- Knowledge of SQL, Relational Database Models and Report Writing solutions
- ITIL Process principles
- Help Desk Experience desirable but not essential
- Exposure to IT software supporting life science industries (preferably medical devices)
Development Value of this role:
- Opportunity to work with stakeholders across the business to deliver business improvement
- Opportunity to develop advanced technical skills within a global IT environment
- Opportunity to learn and apply ITIL knowledge
- Opportunity to develop IT technologies experience in a highly regulated industry